image
image
image

Torrey Woods

“After the junction of its [Hemlock Brook] two branches at the foot of Treadwell Hollow, the stream runs southeasterly for a mile or more around the ‘Torrey Woods’…. “ according to Arthur Latham Perry in his 1894 book, Origins in Williamstown. The woodlot of the Torrey Farm, which was situated to the south and extended to Woodcock Road, Torrey Woods has been dominated by stately hemlock trees, back to the mid-18th C settlement of Williamstown.

Locations